VFX Supervision on set
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The main objective is to set the bases of the VFX Supervision on set, with an intense workshop.
What are the tasks that a VFX Supervisor should do in the set, who it should interact among the other departments in the production, what information should it gather, are some points that we will be talking about. Moreover, you will know what actions you must develop in the set, to have an optimum manipulation and integration of the shots and material.
In this workshop, we will be recording footage inside a set, with props, a proper illumination, and collaborating with the departments of Art and Photography of ESCAC (The Superior School of Cinema and Visual Arts of Catalunya).
This workshop is aimed to students and professionals in the sector who are interested in knowing what is the VFX Supervision on set. This workshop starts from zero.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
- Lluis Castells has a degree in Cinema with a specialization in Editing by ESCAC. Since he was a student he was focused in VFX.
- Now, he has nearly twenty years of experience and in its career has won several awards: Goya ('El Orfanato', ‘Eva', 'Anacleto: Agente Secreto') and two Premis Gaudí (‘Eva', 'Anacleto: Agente Secreto').
- He has collaborated with directors like Juan Antonio Bayona ('El Orfanato', 'Lo Impossible', 'A Monster Calls'), Kike Maíllo ('Eva') and Fernando Trueba ('La reina de España').
- Nowadays, he is a teacher and a project coordinator of ESCAC.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
- Laura Pedro has degree in Cinema with a specialization in Digital Production by ESCAC.
- After finishing her studies, she joined Fassman VFX as a Junior Digital Compositor in films like ‘Una pistol en cada mano’, ‘Anacleto, Agente Secreto’.
- With her work in ‘A Monster Calls’ she became a VFX Supervisor on set, and joined the team of El Ranchito. There she participates in projects kike ‘Cold Skin’, ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘The OA’.
- Now, they both work in ‘Súper Lopez’ production, of Javier Ruiz Caldera.
9.30h – Welcome and presentation of the facilities
10h to 14h – Masterclass and filming on set
14 to 15h – Lunch break
15 to 17h – Management of the recorded material
17h – Conclusions and end
- This Workshop will be done in Spanish.