The Art of Business for Creative Studios
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
- Learn to run your studio on profit and not only on passion. This Workshop will help you to take your business to the next level and to improve the business part of your show, by the following points:
- Sales tools/ Bidding
- How to price your services: the bidding and negotiation process.
- New client management: creating relationship and trust.
- Script analysis and breakdowns.
- Communicating the value of your work.
- Industry Standard Practices:
- Turnovers, hold fees, turnaround time.
- Measuring the impact of delays.
- Minimizing overruns.
- Blocking time and resources.
- Payment schedules
- Bussiness Planning & Strategy:
- Cashflow Managing/Forecasting.
- Managing undercapitalized companies.
- Positioning the company and defining its competitive advantage.
- Defining your clients, their needs and their goals.
- Defining biz functions: operations, recruitment, marketing, finance.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
- Laia Alomar has expertise as a bussiness consultant, VFX producer (facility and client side), and CG animator. With over 10 years experience in delivering outstanding work for film and commercials, including Oscar Winner, A Monster Calls and Harry Potter saga.
- She has managed budgets, schedules and crew of +300 artist at Framestore and MPC.
- It is a 4h Workshop, with a 20 min break.
- This Workshop is going to be in ENGLISH.
- * The day and schedule can change until the Tickets are on Sale.